Information of working visas and internship visa
Welcome to our web site.
This is Kei Daito, representative of Daito Immigration Attorney Office.
We have been supporting many foreigners with regard to visa application procedures in Japan.
If you would like to stay in Japan longer, one of the most secure way is to find job in Japan.
If you would like to work in Japan, this page will be useful for you.
It is our pleasure to be your help.
First of all, if you would like to work for a corporation in Japan as an employee, please check following general requirements for obtaining the most popular working visa,
“Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services” visa.
＜Requirement.1＞ Academic degree or experience
However, provided that
1. If you have neither of the above, your experience having engaged in the activity corresponding to the above academic degree for more than 10 years is required.
* If the kind of work you will expect is either of the followings, the period of your experience required for it is shortened to 3 years.
3) Instruction in languages
5) Public relations
6) Overseas transactions
7) Fashion or interior design
8) Product development
9) Work similar to the above 1) to 8)
2. If the kind of work you will expect requires skills and/or knowledge concerning information processing, and if you have passed the examination on information processing skills that is designated by the Minister of Justice in the Official Gazette or you have obtained the qualification on information processing skills that is designated by the Minister of Justice in the Official Gazette, you need neither academic degree nor experience engaged in the activity corresponding to academic degree.
If the kind of work you will expect is other than 1) to 9) described in ＜Requirement.1＞, such work should have something to do with what you have learned at graduate school, university or technical school.
※Unskilled labors such as factory work, hall staff don’t fulfill this requirement.
Basically your expecting monthly remuneration should be at least around 200,000JPY
(before tax and social insurance premiums).
If you can meet the above 3 requirements, there is high possibility that you can obtain working visa and start working for a corporation in Japan.
※Requirements for internship visa are almost same as those of the above working visa.
If you are now searching for corporation you would like to work for, you don’t mind above ＜Requirement.2＞ and ＜Requirement.3＞ at now.
We can introduce you to experienced employment agencies majoring in internship and recruitment of foreigners.
※Depending on the corporation which employs you or accepts you as an intern, Japanese language skill will also be required.
Other than above there are many types of working visas.
□If you are going to work at school as a teacher → ”Instructor” visa
□If you are going to engage in research or education at university → ”Professor” visa /”Cultural Activities” visa
□If you are going to work as a cock at restaurant → ”Skilled Labor” visa
□If you are going to start a business as an owner → ”Business Manager” visa
If you would like to know about the other types of visas, please feel free to contact us.
First consultation by email is free of charge.
Regarding our general service fees for shared house users, please click this PDF file
→Click the PDF file
We also provide other services regarding visa procedures.
Please click the PDF and check more in detail.
→Click the PDF file
We hope you enjoy your stay in Japan.
Representative/Registered Immigration Attorney
Daito Immigration Attorney Office
3F-9 Shimbashi Business Garden, 5-25-1 Shimbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo